ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (Online self-study)
This course is an online self-study course.
An ISTQB Foundation Certified Tester exam is included (1 voucher).
This course provides insight into the fundamentals of testing. Please note that this course does not focus on any speciﬁc project (Prince2® , PMP®,…), development (RUP®, XP, DSDM®,…) or test (TMap®, TestFrame™, STBox™, Testing Intelligence™,…) methodology, the principles taught here can be applied to any existing methodology.
WE HELP YOU UNDERSTAND
- what testing is and why one should test;
- the test process and how the different steps in the process map on different software development models;
- static testing;
- dynamic testing: test levels, test types and common test techniques;
- how to manage defects
- test management: test team organization, test planning, monitoring and control;
- which types of test tools exist.
WE GET YOU CERTIFIED
- if you pass the included exam, you will hold the internationally recognized ISTQB® CTFL certificate which:
- Is considered a plus on your CV;
- Is a pre-requisite to establish further skills and knowledge to reach any of the Advanced Level Certificates.
Software testing is a crucial part of the development life cycle and has become indispensable when it comes to assessing the quality of a software product and to help to make the right management decisions.
- new to the testing business;
- an experienced tester who require a theoretical background;
- a developer/ analyst interested in testing;
- a project leader/manager requiring more insight in testing;
- someone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Foundation examination in software testing.
YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE
- of basic software development life cycles
- of a programming language. This is an advantage, but not a must.
1. Fundamentals of testing
In this lesson you will learn what testing is.
In this lesson you will learn why testing is necessary
In this lesson we review the seven core testing principles
In this lesson you will learn the test process
In this lesson we review the psychology of testing
2. Testing throughout the Software development lifecycle
In this lesson we review a set of software development lifecycle models
In this lesson we dive deep into test levels.
In this lesson we review test type families
In this lesson test maintenance is reviewed
3. Static testing
In this lesson we review static testing
In this lesson we learn about the review process
4. Test techniques
In this lesson we learn about the different categories of test techniques.
In this lesson we review common black-box test techniques
In this lesson we discuss about white-box test techniques
In this lesson we review some common experienced-based test techniques
5. Test management
In this lesson, we discuss ways of test organisation
In this lesson we learn about test planning
In this lesson we learn about test estimation
In this lesson, we review test monitoring and control
In this lesson we review quickly configuration management
In this lesson, we review risks and testing
In this lesson, we review defect management
6. Tool support for testing
In this lesson we review test tools
In this lesson we review the effective use of test tools