ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level – Test Automation Engineer
This course combines the option of some online self-study in advance, with 3 live classroom sessions with Livestream.
The following open courses are scheduled on:
12, 13, 16 May -> Book now
An ISTQB Foundation Certified Tester exam is included: 1 voucher for a flex (remote), in class or in an exam centre of choice (Pearson View). Two weeks before the start of the training you’ll receive a mail with further instructions to access the digital course material via this platform.
This course is a must for each test automation professional and is the best preparation for the certification exam.
The course is a preparation for the exam and is accredited by ISTQB® and ISQI®. In addition to preparation for the exam, the training will offer you lots of exercises to help you build up hands-on experience. Part of the exercises will even be based on your own System Under Test.
WE HELP YOU UNDERSTAND
- objectives, advantages, disadvantages and limitations of test automation
- identifying success factors for a test automation project
- how to analyze a system under test (SUT) to determine the appropriate automation solution
- how to analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations
- understand “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods applicable to the SUT
- the structure of Generic Test Automation Architecture
- how to analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution
- factors to be considered when identifying reusability of components
- guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities
- how to analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies
- which factors support and affect maintainability
- how to classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness
- how a test execution report is constructed and published
- how to apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation
- the factors in transitioning from a manual testing to automation testing
- the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing, new feature testing and confirmation testing
- how to verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup
- how to verify correct behaviour for a given automated test script and/or test suite
- how to analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement
WE GIVE YOU PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
- how to contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- how to evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization
- how to create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA)
- how to design and develop, new or modified, test automation solutions that meet the business needs
- enabling the transition of testing from a manual to an automated test approach
- how to create automated test reporting and metrics collection
- how to manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving systems
WE GET YOU CERTIFIED
- if you pass the included exam, you will hold the internationally recognized ISTQB® CTAL certificate which:
- Is considered a plus on your CV
- Holders of an Advanced certificate are eligible to continue on to higher level software testing qualifications, certifying themselves at Expert level as shown below. The entire learning journey is underpinned by the ISTQB® Glossary.
Software testing is a crucial part of the development life cycle and has become indispensable when it comes to assessing the quality of a software product and to help to make the right management decisions.
- a test analyst requiring
- an experienced tester who requires a theoretical background on test automation;
- a project leader/manager requiring more insight in test automation;
- someone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Certified Tester – Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer examination in software testing.
- You are in possession of the ISTQB® Foundation Testing Certificate in Software Testing
- You have knowledge of basic software development life cycles
- Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you should be keen on learning this)